Safety always comes first when cleaning anything related to bio-hazards. Allied Restoration is trained and certified by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to clean bio-hazards related to Coronavirus (COVID-19). With over 25 years of experience in dealing with bio-hazards and cleaning, here are some methods you can use to clean your facility.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) also recommends these cleaning methods:
How to Clean and Disinfect Surfaces :
- Wear disposable gloves when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces. Gloves and waste should be disposed of after each clean. If the gloves are re-useable, those gloves should only be used for cleaning surfaces that have Coronavirus COVID-19 and not used for any other type of cleaning. Refer to the list of EPA approved products that are known to kill COVID-19 and disinfect the area (available below). Clean hands immediately after they are removed and wash for at least 20 seconds.
- If the affected areas are not visibly clean, you are advised to use clean and wipe the area before disinfecting with EPA approved products that eliminate COVID-19.
- To properly disinfect, you can use one of the EPA approved products or you can dilute household bleach solutions, or use solutions with at least 70% alcohol.
- When diluting solutions, be sure to follow precautions and follow manufacturer’s instructions for applications. Never mix any household bleach with ammonia or any other cleaners.
- For soft and porous materials, surfaces, and soft goods such as carpet, rugs, drapes, remove any visible contamination before using the cleaners.
- When handling laundry, clothing, and linens, wear disposable gloves and discard after each use. Again, reusable gloves should only be used for the same purpose.
- If you are not using gloves, be sure to wash your hands thoroughly
Proper Hand Hygiene and Other Preventative Measures
- Clean hands as often as possible with the CDC recommended method of using hand soap and water for 20 seconds.
- If soap is not available, use alcohol-based sanitizer with 60% alcohol. If hands are visibly dirty, remove dirt first with water.
- Follow preventative measures also recommended by the CDC of not touching your face, eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Clean hands after blowing your nose, coughing, sneezing, restrooms, before eating, after eating and contact with animals or people.
- Dispose of all trash daily and wipe down commonly touched areas like doorknobs, printers, and chairs with EPA approved products.
If this task is too daunting, Allied Restoration can help assist and perform professional cleaning & disinfecting of any area in your home or office space.
[gravityform id=”5″ title=”true” description=”true”]
See our Cleaning Service Page for More Information