Fire Damage Cleanup Company in Los Angeles, CA
Fire damage is the most devastating disaster to go through as a property owner. Many people do not realize the extent of the damage until after they step back into their charred-up fire damaged home.
Here is a quick breakdown of what happens during a fire damage cleanup & restoration service to explain the extent of potential damages and the process of how to recover:
1) The physical damages you see are just the tip of the iceberg after a fire. Drywall, ceilings, floors and insulation are items that can be replaced quickly but the structural integrity can be compromised when kitchen fires end up damaging the roof trusses and framing. A fire restoration professional will have to clean up the resulting fire damage and inspect the property for any structural damage.
Even if only a small part of your house was affected by your fire, you can expect smoke particulates to have traveled throughout the entire house. If the fire was caught early, then the best case scenario will require the whole house to be deep cleaned and to use products to neutralize the smoke odor. There is a good chance that the heat from your fire pushed the smoke into every corner of your home.
2) A very common result of a property fire is water damage from fire fighters. Hundreds of gallons of water are often used to put out a fire, resulting in most of your home being soaked. Water sprinklers can also soak other parts of the property resulting in water damage if not treated quickly. Mold can grow as a result if not dried out quickly. A water & fire damage restoration company can be called out to cleanup and set industrial grade fans to dry the property. Before reconstruction can begin, mitigation and cleaning must take place in order to make sure that things don’t get worse.
3) If the property is in an unlivable condition, then the property must be boarded-up to prevent further damages from natural elements and vandalism. Be sure to keep track of the living expense receipts if you have to stay at a temporary location as the insurance can reimburse you.
4) Filing an insurance claim is recommended as the resulting damages will be expensive to repair, along with living expenses. The process may take several weeks, so we recommend bringing in the professionals to provide an estimate and scope of repairs as quickly as possible.
5) Once the claim has been settled, a check for the amount required to bring your property back to pre-loss conditions will be disbursed to the owner of the property, whether it is a bank/mortgage or property owner.
6) The reconstruction and restoration process can take several weeks or months depending on the extent of the fire damages, but you won’t have to wait the entire time to get your project started. Preferred insurance vendors like Allied Restoration are able to start work the moment you have the disaster and are able to bill the insurance company directly.
Allied Restoration is a premier fire damage restoration company and general contractor that can handle every step of the process from mitigation and cleanup to reconstruction and repairs.
Here are some before and after photos of similar fire damage projects that Allied Restoration have worked on. If you are going through a similar situation, Allied Restoration can help!
Call 888-860-1003 to schedule a free consultation for fire damage cleanup & restoration in Los Angeles, CA!